Yeah for Animal Kingdom!! This was one of my favorite parks! You really only need a half day for Animal Kingdom so we made sure we were there bright and early. Just like the zoo, it's best to see the animals first thing in the morning so we headed straight to the safari! The kids were still sleepy from not having enough rest the day before but I still think they liked it!
We were so lucky to be able to see al of these animals so active. It was overcast and much cooler than the day before so it was a pleasant ride.
From there we headed to Kali River Rapids. Out came the ponchos! This ride is short, and pretty much just gets you wet....soaking wet. Moses thought it was great! He was a brave boy....then we headed to Expedition Everest. I really tried to convince Brett it was not a good idea. I lost. Moses was vocal about never riding it again. I felt queasy. So we decided to split up. Dad and Brett went off to ride another ride (no idea what it was) and Mom and I took the boys to see Finding Nemo the musical. FANTASTIC. The boys loved it and so did we. We also loved walking right in moments before show time and been shown to the near front. We met back up and ate at Flame Tree Barbecue. This is a great place for quick service and the best quick service meal we had all week. Huge portions and a great view with plenty of seating.
From here we split up once again to repeat rides we still had fast passes for. We had done so well planning our morning, that every time we arrived we did not have to use the fast pass. Since we had magic bands and smart phones rescheduling times was SO easy. This was the day we were always ahead of the crowd and things clicked right along! By the time we were ready to go back for a break we were done with the park.
That afternoon we ventured over to walk around MGM and get a lay of the land for the next day. Then we went to Downtown Disney. This is the place I wanted to get one more souvenir for the boys. There are a few toys that both these guys play super well together with. Legos and Potato Head. At the toy store in Downtown Disney, you can buy a box to fill as many parts and bodies or a huge empty potato head to fill. I chose to let them do two boxes since we already had the huge head as well as many bodies and other parts.
We also stopped to look at the HUGE lego store where Moses immediately made his Christmas list and spent some time designing things. He loved it!
I also want to mention one quick thing. That night I had my second "Mickey Meltdown." I think I'm giving the impression that things were always sunshine and rainbows, but every single child and adult had what I like to call a "Mickey Meltdown." If you've been there you know exactly what I mean. I'll talk more about it in my wrap up post!





No comments:
Post a Comment