Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day Three: Epcot

 I am going to go ahead and preface this post with an honest opinion.  I'm not a huge Epcot fan.  I think it's geared toward the adult crowd significantly and finding things for smaller kids to do is a lot more difficult.  It is also the park that feels most dated.  It was also the day we made a huge mistake in not taking an afternoon break.  Also, it was the hottest day we were there.  It was not a magical combination.
We started the day out the Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush.  The kids liked it pretty well and there was air conditioning!  While we waited we took advantage of looking into the many aquariums and watching "puffers" with Papa, their favorite fish!
We spent quite a lot of time with the fishes and when we came out set out to visit the different countries around the world.  It was much more crowded than probably most normal days because the Epcot Food and Wine Festival was in full swing.  The positive for us was that we were on the (free!) dining plan which meant that we could use a lot of our snack credits to taste food from the different booths.  I'm not going to lie.  The best food I had at Epcot was a funnel cake.  Hands down.
The adults stopped at a few of the other exhibits but the boys were restless so we continued to walk.  By this time ride lines were longer and the sun was hotter.  We hoped they would nap in the stroller but it did not happen so we went a few things like Horizons and Journey into the Imagination.  Yawn.

 I feel very lucky that we had early dinner reservations at Biergarten, a German themed restaurant and show.  I had heard good things about this place and all the other adults seem to like it.  Sutton an I not so much.  Also, they were just cranky from not being able to nap.  All in all, if you are taking small children I might would skip this park.  I think they (and myself included) would have had more fun doing something else.



No comments:

Post a Comment