Monday, January 13, 2014

Early Christmas Fun

 Last year, Brett and I were out of town for a week during December so we missed out on a lot of Christmas fun with the boys.  We needed that trip, but boy I'm never leaving during the holidays again!  This year I was able to do a lot more decorating and get my shopping done in plenty of time.
 Moses sang at the Hanging of the Greens at our church.  Sutton was a little under the weather so I took him and he did such a great job!  He's becoming an old pro at performing for a crowd.

 The next week, both boys were in their preschool Christmas program.  Moses was a donkey and Sutton was a sheep.  I had the cutest farm animals in the manger.

 Moses and his friend Sophia who played Mary.




 After the program, each class had a little party with cookies.  Lucky for us, the boys' classes are right next to each other so we were able to switch/visit both.  They were so excited to have us there.  Afterwards, we took them to eat at Chic-fil-a.  It was a fun day!

 Last year, the Barker/Barnes family Christmas was cancelled due to all sorts of illnesses.  This year I think we more than made up for it.  It is so special spending time with our cousins.  I feel very blessed to be so close to Barkers, especially Emily and Amy.  I hope Sutton and Moses can grow up close to Barnes and Gus too!

 We ate and opened presents and spent a lot of time playing and chatting.
 This year, Aunt Mo and Amy found some of Brett's grandparents' Christmas ornaments that were made by Sue, Brett's grandmother. They gave them to Brett as a surprise gift.  It was wonderful to add those ornaments to our tree!
Can I just tell you how WILD these four boys are!  They played hard and so well together.  When Sutton turns three in a few months these boys will be perfect stair steps:  Moses 5, Barnes 4, Sutton 3, and Gus 2!  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment