Sunday, November 23, 2008

Barker Thanksgiving in Rocky Mount


Today we drove to Rocky Mount to have Thanksgiving with Brett's father's side of the family. Uncle John (Brett's father's brother) and his wife, Aunt Melissa, have all of their relatives over the Sunday before Thanksgiving for a big meal. So many people and good food, it reminds me of when I was little and my mom's family could still fit in one house!

We haven't seen Aunt Melissa's family since last Christmas when we announced we were pregnant so they were all very eager to see Moses for the first time. Brett and I feel very lucky that even though he father is no longer with us, that we are still such a big part of the family for them. I feel Aunt Melissa especially makes sure we feel included which means so much to us both. I love listening to them talk about when Brett was little and what his father was like. I heard on more than one occasion that baby Moses definately favored Grandpa Moses as well as Brett.
I always feel like the day goes by too fast! We are so ready for Christmas with them in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I'm so glad you guys had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete