
The girls at Christy's bachelorette party, Michelle is in the pink
Most of you have probably seen news reports about Michelle Young's tragic murder two years ago. I did not know Michelle extremely well, but was introduced to her and her husband Jason by our friends Christy and Jeff. Michelle was an extremely sweet and loving person from what I knew of her. She was always talking about her little girl Cassidy and you could just tell she was a great mom. I'll never forget when I found out that Michelle had been murdered. Brett was in San Francisco for work and I was home alone. I was extremely scared because the Youngs actually did not live too far away from us. I could not fathom that Jason could kill his wife, especially knowing she was five months pregnant. They has been at our home a few months before for a BBQ for Christy and Jeff before they moved to Texas. I had never felt comfortable around Jason. It was only the third time I'd been around him. Nearly all had been a disaster with him being rude or drunk.Today Jason was found liable in a civil suit for Michelle's death. People have often asked me if I think he is guilty or if he was the type of person who would kill his wife. I don't know him well enough to make a judgement. I do know things that have not been in the news about the case that make me very suspicious. I just pray for little Cassidy and hope that she is shielded from this as much as possible. Her life has been terribly altered regardless of the outcome of all of this. All we can do is hope justice is served for Michelle and the little boy she was carrying at the time.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4081439/
Nice blog entry, Stella. Thanks for sharing the photo. I'd be interested in hearing more about your experiences with Jason and Michelle Young.
ReplyDeleteStella, did you know that I am related to her....? Its distant.
ReplyDeleteThis story is and was so sad. Its such an awful tragedy and I am relieved to hear that some justice has been served. Thanks for the post.