Friday, December 5, 2008

My little ironing JoJo...

Last night I was ironing some shirts and I thought about my dear sweet Joelle. When we lived in our little duplex, she did all the ironing. I was much better at the cooking and the bathroom scrubbing. I would make the half hearted attempt, and she would take over. The days of graduation were so bittersweet because we were also moving out. I came in from work, and Joelle was ironing our graduation gowns. The thought had not even occurred to me. She had already retrieved mine and was working out the wrinkles, knowing I would never remember.
When I got married, I spent three nights holed up in a hotel room with her. Even though it had been several years since we shared a space, we fell back into our same routine. She even went so far to pack my suitcase for my honeymoon. Could anyone ask for a sweeter maid of honor or friend? I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment