Monday, February 16, 2009

Back to reality...

On Wednesday we left for Emerald Isle to take a mini vacation. Yes, we were staying with my parents and going to a wedding, but with all the help I get there it feels like a vacation! Brett and I were also able to sneak in some time for ourselves. I quick bike ride one afternoon and a movie one night. We also took Moses down to Morehead City and had lunch with my friend Brian Parker.

The main reason we went to EI was to see Franklin and Rebecah get married. Franklin grew up across the street from me in Kinston. We were a very close knit neighborhood and that is what I probably miss most about living in Kinston. The wedding was very sweet and had so many personal touches. My favorite was using the firetruck as the get-a-way car. Franklin as been a volunteer firefighter for awhile now and has always loved firetrucks. I can't wait to see the pictures of them on it.

As far as Moses goes, he is getting bigger every day. Bascially he getting into everything. He is so curious about everything. He loved looking at the water at the beach and playing with his grandparents. He is not crawling just yet but can "scoot" or "creep" very well. He can get to what he wants. I've noticed some signs as well that he might start pulling up soon. He is doing really well with solids and is a big fan of all the fruits. Now that we are home, I am going to up his feedings to three times a day. The other big step is when we go out to eat now he is in a high chair! No more lugging around the car seat!!! We tried it once a few weeks ago when we were eating with Carrie and Tanner. Carrie always makes me be brave! Of course he did great and it makes feeding him so easy. It seems like we have small milestones all the time now! He is growing so fast!

2 comments:

  1. Stella-

    I can't believe that your baby is already trying to pull up. He's growing up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is growing up so fast!!! I'm glad I can help make you brave. Moses does such a great job in his big boy chair!

    ReplyDelete