I think Easter is probably one of my favorite times of the year! With all that it signifies and the blossoming around us you can't help but be happy and hopeful. It arrived just in time for Moses. He has some Easter gifts that are going to come in handy very soon! Since he is growing so fast, his Nana got him some PJs so we don't wake up one day and have outgrown them all. Mimi and Papa came up to celebrate Easter weekend with us. They brought Moses a wagon! Quite a "caddy" as Mimi put it. It even has a canopy for when it is just a little too hot. The Easter Bunny brought him some shorts, a swing and a float for the pool in the summer! Mimi told us that he visited her house early and brought him some beach toys too. What a lucky little boy!
After checking out some toys, we went to church at Hayes Barton Baptist. I know I have said it a million times but I LOVE our church! Dr. Hailey's message was so great! He told us a story of a man he was counseling many years ago. He was about to pray with him about accepting Christ in his life. The man said he was so excited because when he did all his problems would be solved; his wife would not divorce him and he would get his job back. Dr. Hailey said he stopped him and told him that is not how it works. The man asked if that was not how accepting Jesus worked, why would anyone do it. Dr. Hailey responded that when you accepted Jesus it meant that he was always with you and you are never alone in times of need. This is the second time recently that this message has been relayed to me and I think it is something we often forget. You are not alone. Christ is with you.
After services, we went to lunch at the State Club. As you can see from the picture it was A LOT of food! They had oysters, shrimp, prime rib, ham as well as breakfast food and tons of desserts! By the way, the staff there loves Moses. They all know who he is and when he sees Greg and some of the other waiters he just grins. He was a very good boy while the big people ate their food.
After everyone had a nap, it was time to go outside to try out Moses' new wheels. I think he really likes the wagon; especially since it was full of Easter eggs. We took turns pushing and pulling him down the street. He especially liked it when his Papa pulled him really fast. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. More updates on what Moses is doing later this week!
I love this post and the photo of you pushing him in the Radio Flyer! Did you notice how big he is smiling in the photo with your parents... what a big boy!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that y'all had a great Easter. I love Easter too! What a sweet reminder every year of the hope we find in our sweet Savior!
ReplyDelete