Thursday, April 16, 2009

Something new...and gross

I have been pretty sure for the past week that Moses' top teeth are trying to break through. Yesterday, he started putting his hand in front of his mouth unless I was giving him applesauce, puffs, Cheerios or toast. I did manage to get some other things in even though he was NOT happy about it.

Fast forward to today. Moses was not pleased with the Cheerios I gave him. He gagged and promptly threw up. I was so worried it was a virus. No fever, not other symptoms. I try to give him some more food. He takes some puffs. Thinking it might be the teeth, I try to give him some Tylenol. They dropper goes in his mouth and he promptly throws up again. AAAAAAHHHHH. Now I am pretty sure he is making himself sick when he doesn't want something.

I tried one more time at lunch to give him something other than applesauce and puffs. Promptly threw up again. I called the nurse at the doctor's office. She laughed and agreed. He is teething and exercising his gag reflex because of it. SO NOT FUN! He has also been clingy with what we call a bad case of the "mommies." Now I am thinking that all four top ones are coming in together. He really did not have many issues when the bottom teeth came in. Anyone have any suggestions, thoughts, helpful hints....or would like to come live with me for a few days!!!

2 comments:

  1. When Zeke teeths we use one of those mesh fruit things (you can get it at target, I don't know how else to describe it). I make his food, so I just use one of the frozen cubes that we have in it. It is cold and soothing and I know he is getting some food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest the same thing. We let Julianne suck on pop-sicles, too, which seemed to help. Try biter biscuits, too.

    ReplyDelete