Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Growing, Growing and Gone...

Once again, I have been neglecting my blog. I promise to be better! We will actually be in town the next few weekends so hopefully that will make it easier. So this means a long post to play catch up.
Last Tuesday Moses had his nine month check up. He weighs 18.25lbs (25%) and is 29.25in (75%). That means tall and skinny. The doctor actually wants us to come back in for a weight check in a few weeks. She thinks it is because he is so active and is burning up the calories combined with learning (ahem, insisting) to feed himself. Other than that, he looks great! So we have made it nine months (fingers crossed, knock on wood etc) with just one cold.
He is still doing a little letting go while standing and I am trying out new freedoms with him as well. The living room is still the "main" play area but I have decided for now to take the play yard down. This gives him a lot of free reign in the house. He is starting to learn what is ok to touch and what is not. This also lets me do things in different room instead of being confined to one or two. He also HATES being left in the play yard or pack and play when I am not in complete site.

On Friday we headed to Emerald Isle for Memorial weekend to stay with my parents. It was great! Saturday at lunch I had a mini reunion with the Kroegers and Jimmy. We all brought our significant others and of course Moses. It was so awesome to spend time with them. Our little family was also able to get to spend some time on the boat. Moses even touched his first live fish! He played so hard with Mimi and Papa and just had a blast. On the way home, we stopped in Goldsboro for his family reunion. Of course Moses had to check on baby Lila and make sure she was doing ok.


So we're back home for now, but our summer is shaping up to be busy! Just think, in less than three months we will have a toddler on our hands!

1 comment:

  1. looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. Moses is one sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete