Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update on Moses!

Lazy old me has not downloaded pictures this week. I know, BOOOO! I am still getting back on track from being out of town and now possibly for a lot of this month. It's hard to get much done when you have little hands getting into everything!

My buddy is growing up. He is starting to let go of things when he is standing. He doesn't fall down but squats back into a sitting position. He has stood alone for a few brief seconds. He definitely has the balance. He cruises along on the furniture and his toys.

Moses has also found his rhythm. When one of his toys makes music, he starts bouncing up and down and smiling. He also will wave he hands and try to clap. He can't quite get those hands together. I think I have been unknowingly bouncing and bopping when his toys "sing" so I guess he has picked up on it.

The talking has increased as well. At church and the grocery store this weekend he was saying "Hey!" to everyone we passed. Brett picked up at the store and was carrying him and Moses kept repeating "dadadada." He says "mama" usually at diaper changing time and when I feed him.

This week I have finally started seeing the whites of those top teeth. The gums have been swollen for a while but they have slowly started making their way down. I also think he is getting another bottom one. He is being much better about eating. No more throwing up!

In the last few weeks I have also adjusted his sleep. No matter what I do, Moses wakes up between 6:00 - 6:30am. He is my sunrise baby! After some reading, prayer, and common sense thinking, I have begun putting him down for bed between 6-6:30pm. Takes him no time to fall asleep and he doesn't wake up until morning. What has this done for naps? Those have moved up too. His wake times are the same, I am just putting him down sooner and he falls asleep quicker. Moses is less cranky and generally happier. What about mommy? You'd be amazed at all you can get done when your day begins so early!

2 comments:

  1. Chesson is an early riser as well. I had to learn to embrace it, and it's true - you can get a ton done if when you're up at 6am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops - little typo there - 'if' or 'when' would work - I don't think I need them both:o)

    ReplyDelete