Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Feel Better Papa!

Believe it or not I do not blog about EVERY single personal detail of our lives. I have omitted this one thing due to some privacy. But after today, I think it is pretty much common knowledge that my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Results came back positive in May and today dad had surgery. I was at the hospital with my mom and it was a long day for all of us. The surgery went well and we should have the results in a little over a week.

I got to see him after he was waking up and he was being a bad patient which is a really good sign! I talked to mom just a few minutes ago and they were going to get him some food. Please pray for his strength to return and for him to have patience with healing. Please also pray for my mom and her patience with him! And of course please pray for the results to come back favorable. We have a good feeling that this was caught very early. Thank you for my friends who have known about this and who have been supportive. We feel very lucky that Moses has such a great Papa and hope that he can be on the floor playing with him soon!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for your dad, Stella...and you, too...I know how stressful it is to see a parent go through surgery/hospital stay/etc.

    He'll be playing with Moses in no time...it's amazing how grandkids can be the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to pray for your Dad, mom, and your family. I know this isn't easy for any of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything we can do! I love 'ole Hugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are praying Stella! Let us know if you need anything. Hope to see you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete