Sunday, August 2, 2009

Growing up


It feels like overnight that Moses has just....well, grown into a big boy. He is just so aware of things. When we are running errands and arrive back home, he hears the doors of the car unlock and starts kicking and laughing because he knows we are home. He does the same thing after I turn out the lights when I finish changing his diaper because he knows it's time to play. When he hears the door open he starts squealing and making his way to the door to greet(usually daddy) with all his enthusiasm.

Moses is also starting to learn new things. He has always been fascinated with my belly button. Whenever he see it he will take his index finger and point at it. I look at him and say "belly button, mommy's belly button." Last week I looked at him and said, "Where's mommy's belly button?" He immediately took his finger and pointed right at it! I was so proud and so was he! That evening Brett taught Moses how to put his toys in a basket. Of course he immediately wants to dump them out on the floor, but hey, it's progress!

I think the big kicker for me is all the walking and the laughing. He is getting better by the second. If he trips and falls, he just gets back up and keeps on going. Moses is definitely a resilient kid. He doesn't get upset if he falls. What a big boy! He is also starting to laugh socially. If someone says something and we laugh he'll join in. Which makes us laugh more...which makes him laugh more! We are having a ball!

T-minus two weeks until he is ONE!

2 comments:

  1. I love that first picture! He sure loves the camera! They DO grow up way too fast, Stella! Its bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big Moses is getting and I can't wait to see him in two weeks!!! Hope everyone in your house is doing well - I LOVE YOU! Em

    ReplyDelete