People are right, time goes by faster when you have kids. It is also better. I'm not going to lie. There are a lot of things that are boring. Days can start to blend together. But the giggles (like the ones I am hearing from the other room now) make it worth it. I've been a mommy for a full year. Brett and I are wrapping up our third year of marriage (eek!). I've made friends I couldn't imagine my life without (that's you playgroup mommies!).
What have I learned? I can take care of a child. A whole person. I can teach him things. I am helping build a little person who can (hopefully) take care of himself and make the world a better place. I can not freak out when he falls or fails. I can let him be himself and enjoy life.
I have learned couponing is awesome! And saving money helps even if it is just a little at the time. It can also bring together people and is a great way to help your community.
Probably the most important thing I have learned is that prayer doesn't change God, it changes us. God has a plan for us and he does hear are prayers, but in the end the praying changes us. Understanding this has been a HUGE part of growing spiritually for me.
What are my goals for this year (and let's face it years to come)?
- I really need to get into shape. I am probably in the worst physical shape I've ever been in.
- Brett and I have really cut back on spending and we are working to do even better. I am using mint.com and tracking all or spending and debts to get ourselves into good financial shape.
- I want to work on being a better wife, mother, daughter and friend. Since the first three are obviously the most important, I really would like to be a better friend. I have SUCH wonderful friends and I need to be better to them. I would love to be a more attentive wife and mother. Really taking the time to make our immediate family even better than it is. I also want to work on being a better daughter to my parents. I have the best set of parents anyone could ask for so they deserve it!
- I also want to find a good Bible Study. I haven't been in one since I was pregnant and I really need this! In addition to this Brett and I are going to work on our spiritual relationship by doing daily devotionals as a couple.
- And finally, I want to figure out something to focus on for me. I have small hobbies but I would really like to find something that I love and that brings me joy besides my sweet family.
I hope I'm not to ambitious here! I'm already dreading the weight loss one. Why is that always the hardest? Send me all your encouragement and ideas for anything I've mentioned! I need lots of love and support.
There is a women's bible study at my church, the summit, on Wednesday mornings. You take your kids and they have people watch but the women in the study also take turns watching kids. It's over in the brier creek area.
ReplyDeleteWe love Mint.com!
ReplyDelete