Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Somebody Call 911

I have never been one of those girls who was freaked out about spending a night alone. When I was single I had no problem. When I was married, I looked forward to the nights alone when I could have the house to myself. Now that I have a little one, I am totally freaked out! Not only I am waiting for Moses to wake up for some crazy reason, but I am worrying about someone trying to get us. (I think I watch way too much 48 Hours and I Survived)

After sleeping with my phone, and totally thinking I heard someone breaking in about 20 times, Moses and I woke up in one piece and started our day. I put him down for his nap. A few minutes later I looked at the monitor and saw him just sitting there with his legs dangling out. A while later, I checked again and he was lying down with his legs still dangling. I heard him calling about an hour later a little more urgently than he normally does. I went in and realized his leg was stuck between the slats!

I tried to pull him which made him cry. I tried to move the slats but couldn't. I got a hammer and tried that. No luck. I called my parents who were on there way to see how close they were. They still had another hour so dad said, just call 911. I had been worrying all night about calling the police for an intruder and now I'm calling because of a stuck child!

I called and the lady was SO nice. In less then five minutes I had two paramedics and three firemen in Moses' room. I felt incredibly stupid but they told me not to worry. And what was Moses doing during all this? Just hanging out chomping on his pacifier. They tried to turn him but that didn't work and he started to cry. They started looking at the slats worried that they would break them. I told them I did not care. They VERy slightly cracked one at the top of the crib and he came right out! They looked at his leg and determined he was fine and he might have a bruise. I think this all took 7 minutes. So special shout out to the FVFD and paramedics.

Is this a sign we might be growing out of our crib?

3 comments:

  1. poor thing...I am so sorry you both had to experience that. Glad he was okay though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he's okay. I probably would have panicked and broke the crib slats. The best thing we ever did was move Julianne to a toddler bed. She LOVES it and so do we!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Stella, you are a champ. I would have totally freaked. Keep us posted on moving to a toddler bed.

    ReplyDelete