Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trick or Treat?!


This was the year that Moses has started to understand Halloween! I have to admit, I'm not a huge Halloween person. Growing up I went trick-or-treating, but our church had a big Fall Fest type event where I spent most of my time. Knowing how Moses is about hats and other articles of clothing and factoring in the unpredictable NC weather, I decided to look for a costume that would not be a battle. I found the PERFECT one at our church's consignment sale. Meet Moses the Top Gun.

This year we went to Moses' friend Cameron's neighborhood party. It was SO much fun. People brought different kinds of chili and soup and there was mac and cheese and pigs in a blanket for the kids. All the kids were super cute and ran around and played in the cul de sac. Once Moses put on his costume he was ready to go get candy. He was very upset when he had to wait! I don't think he ate two bites of his dinner.

Finally it was time! He did a great job saying thank you and only taking one piece of candy at a time. Towards the end he wanted to stop and take inventory instead of continuing on with his friends. We did a few more houses and decided to call it a night. He came home and had one piece of candy before bed time.

The next morning around 8am he looked at me very seriously and said "Trick-or-treat!" That's when he learned candy was not a breakfast or early morning snack option. We still have some candy left and he has actually enjoyed sharing some with us. I think he likes the Skittles the best! I wonder what we'll be dressing up as next year?

1 comment: