I think I said this last year, but Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year! I love the preparing and getting ready no matter how hectic it is. I started my day bright and early to get a few things done. It was actually really nice to go out by myself and hit the stores way before they got crowded.
This year, I decided we should do our big meal Christmas Eve night. I wanted us to have plenty of time to relax Christmas morning. It was a GREAT idea! My parents and my grandmother as well as Brett's parents came to spend the night and have dinner. We had a very low key but fantastic meal.
Moses was SO excited!! It just gets better every year. He knew all about Santa and was ready to see what he would bring. We read stories and played for a long time trying to convince him that it was time to go to sleep. Right before bed time, he convinced himself he heard Santa outside. It was hysterical! He kept saying "I here something!" and he would look out the window and exclaim that it was Santa.
He finally went to sleep and we went to work like good little elves. Let's just say it took a lot longer than we thought to assemble the gifts that Santa left us. We ended up going to bed at 1am! Moses didn't sleep well either and Brett had to spend a lot of time trying to get him back to sleep. All night we kept thinking we heard him waking up. More on Christmas on my next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment