
After a night of putting things together and trying to get Moses to stay asleep, this is what the end product was. Please note how pretty the train is in this picture. Even though we went to bed late and I barely slept, I made sure I got up at 6am to get a shower and start getting ready just in case. Brett got in the shower right behind me. I had barely gotten dressed when I heard a little boy calling from his room at 6:30am. I alerted Brett and the grandparents and we got all the cameras ready for him to come out.

He was a little out of sorts but he was very happy to see what Santa had brought. Each of the grandparents contributed a "big" Santa gift this year. The kitchen and train table were both big hits. Brett and I didn't want to get too much more so we kept with tradition and got him three smaller gifts: a baseball glove, a "Mater" lego set, and a Toy Story game. He also had a nice stocking and other gifts from the grandparents.

Here is the train table after he had played with it for like 3 seconds. We are constantly making new tracks and bridges, but we have not duplicated the original like it was. Glad I took pictures!


As for the big kids, we had a great Christmas too. After a big breakfast, we opened the gifts under the tree. I was unexpectedly very spoiled this year. I had figured out that Brett had gotten me one pretty necklace I had mentioned from Bailey's, but he got me something else SO special as well. I had mentioned a long time ago that I wanted a locket with Moses' initials on it and room for another baby's initials. Since we already have a name picked out, Brett had the locket made for me. I was SO surprised.
We spent the rest of the day munching on leftovers, watching movies, and resting due to our early wake up call. With the weather forecast for snow everyone made their way home shortly after lunch. We already miss our sweet family and we are savoring the videos and picture of the best Christmas we've ever had!
No comments:
Post a Comment