
Honeymoon in Tortola Jan 2007
This week, I was reading another blog that was talking about marriage being hard work. It's true! I usually spend this day on my blog reflecting on or wedding, but the real accomplishment on this day is our marriage. In the last four years, we've been through tremendous change, accomplishment, hardships, and triumphs. We've had to work very hard through all of it. I think so many women think that finding someone is the hard part, when in fact that's when the real work begins!
I am so fortunate to be married to someone with the same mindset that I have about important things. Our faith plays a huge part in our life and daily decisions especially in our relationship and our parenting. We do struggle to put our relationship first, especially with the demands of a toddler and our day to day chores. It's very hard to find time for just us with our closest family being 3 hours a way and babysitting rates skyrocketing! But more importantly, we really recognize when it is time for "us" and we do what we have to to make it happen.
I think that our biggest success as a married couple is recognizing when something isn't working and doing every thing we can to change it. I've always told Brett that if we don't fix the things that don't work now, that life will be a lot harder when those problems are still here and new ones arise. It helps tremendously that we can both work to make these changes. That's where loving each other makes it easier!
So, the wedding was a beautiful start. A party to send us off for our long term job and life together. So, on this anniversary, I think we should say here's to our marriage! I love you Brett!
Happy Anniversary to you both! What a sweet sweet couple!
ReplyDeleteThat was so sweet and you are absolutely right. I hope you and Brett have a wonderful anniversary!
ReplyDeleteawe... love it! happy 4yrs.. and here's to many many more to come
ReplyDelete