I've been neglectful about writing about what is going on with my little man so here is an update on Moses:- He has gotten really good at puzzles. I mean like REAL puzzles with only a picture to go by. I'm amazed at his skills.
- His verbal skills have gotten a lot better too. I asked him last week if he was going to help me with something and his reply was, "Eventually." Is he 2 or 22?
- He's so creative. He pretends a lot more than he ever has. He makes us things in his play kitchen. He loves to make coffee, pizza, cookies and sausage biscuits. He makes the noise for the microwave and everything!
- He has taken to chewing on his lovey Rocky. Let me tell you that thing STINKS after a night of him being slobbered over.
- He loves being a helper. He will clean up his own mess or help me with house work. He loves nothing more than sitting in a big pile of warm laundry looking for his socks.
- He has started singing. He knows all the words to "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and almost all of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
- He's mostly a shower boy now. It is SO much easier to bathe a toddler that way. Brett puts him the shower with him and he loves to draw shapes on the steamy shower glass.
- He is still a pretty good eater. I am so afraid all these boys are going to eat me out of house and home! I wish he'd eat more vegetables, but with some of the stories I hear I can't complain. He does have a sweet tooth but he knows that he has to eat his lunch or dinner before he gets anything "cookie" like.
- Before he goes to bed at night he begs to "snuggle one minute" over and over again until we finally have to put him in his bed.
- Even if we put him in his bed for sleep, he falls asleep on the floor in front of the door. Every night we have to put him back in his bed where he stays until the next morning.
- That boy can snore. Oh my goodness he puts his daddy to shame. This officially makes me the only person in my family (grandparents included) that does not snore.
- He is learning so much. Shapes are still his best and colors his worst. I actually gave him a color blind test I found online. He passed! We'll keep working.
- He loves to run all over the place. He'll even run in circles! He keeps us busy!
- He is such a creature of habit. He does things a certain way every time. If something is missing or different he can spot it in a heartbeat. Whether is is Brett's hat not on, photos I've switched on the mantle, or a napkin not underneath his plate he'll be the first to speak up about what is wrong.
I'm so proud of my big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment