This is the only face Moses would make for me on his half birthday!
Moses is officially 2.5 years old! I just can't believe all the new things he can do now. The learning is just piling up every day. Here are some new Moses facts.
- He can pretty much count to ten if we remind him of the number seven. It trips him up every time! He'll then go into trying to count by tens.
- He knows pretty much all of his shapes : heart, star, diamond, circle, square, rectangle, triangle, and oval. He likes to make a triangle with his fingers.
- He is getting a lot better with his colors. If he has any question over a color he will just call it green.
- He is getting really close to singing his ABCs. Funny story, he will sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and instead of singing "how I wonder what you are" it will come out "how I ABC R." It is SO funny.
- He is singing lots of songs and making up his own ones too.
- He can almost dress himself! In fact he prefers to. He has put on socks, pants, and shirts on all by himself.
- He still has great manners. He even thanks me for making meals and tells me how good they are. He's also started to tell me I do a good job and I'm pretty. He is just the sweetest thing!
- He has a great imagination. He pretends to be super heroes and his favorite characters. He loves books and and asks questions about the pictures.
- He has such a love for learning about God! He loves going to church and Bible study and we read Bible stories. He can sing his entire meal prayer and recite his bedtime prayers. He prays for his family and "Baby Sutton" as well as his friends and mommy and daddy's friends. Sometimes if he goes to time out in his room I hear him talking to himself. When he comes out he tells me he has been reading the Bible. How can you stay mad at that?
- He likes to help me cook. But he is a sneak about eating while we do it.
- He is very good about following rules and is such a creature of habit. He has to do things a certain way every time.
- He is still doing well in school. He talks about his teachers and friends all the time.
- Moses has a huge vocabulary. He is quite the talker. It surprises me at the stuff he says sometimes.
- He is a rough and tumble kind of kid. He loves jumping around and crashing into things. He has invented a game with my dad he calls "runaway" which is pretty much hide and seek.
- He loves to do puzzles still. He can do a lot all on his own that are all ages 3 and up.
- He is still a great eater. I think pizza is still his favorite thing ever. Moses would eat a PB&J every single meal if I would let him. (so thankful no one in his class has a nut allergy) He also eats tons of fruit. He likes all the foods we do and the only struggle we have at dinner time is getting him to sit still.
- He still taking an afternoon around 1:30pm and goes to bed usually after 7:30pm. He is up in the mornings around 7:15am. The boy snores like a freight train especially since he has been congested. He still has to have Rocky and his blue blanket to fall asleep. Sometimes he will hide him if he doesn't want to go to bed and yell that he can't find him.
- I think we are ready to potty train. I tried one weekend but I think my timing and methods were a little off. I have been waiting for all the illness to leave us before I try again.
We are very blessed to have a sweet loving little boy. He can be a little wild and sneaky at times, but that makes us love him more. Happy Half Birthday Moses! We love you!
Happy Half Birthday! My grandparent's always celebrated my half birthday and it was so special to me! (plus it was in the summer, so I got a little pool time!)- Lindsey T.
ReplyDeletehappy half bday moses!!! what a sweet sweet boy! sounds like he will be a GREAT big bro!
ReplyDelete