I have explained to Moses that mommy will go to the hospital so the doctor can get Sutton out of my belly and a few days later he will come home to live with us. I found a few episodes of "A Baby Story" that were edited enough for him to watch. He saw the mommy go to the hospital with the daddy. He saw the nice doctors and nurses helping her get ready. Then they took her to a room and all of a sudden there was a baby on a table getting cleaned up! His response to this? "He's all muddy!"
It may sound like too much for the rest of you, but I really want him to understand what is happening. They really showed very little medical parts in these stories and he now seems to really understand that even though mommy is going to see the doctor at the hospital that I will be ok and the things attached to me are to help.
Right now the thing he is most proud of is Sutton's room. He loves to show the things that are in there. He likes to tell people where Sutton will sleep and the clothes in his closet that he will wear. Moses has asked me if Sutton will drink his milk and I told him that he will drink special mommy milk. He seemed ok with that.
I am sure when he arrives, things will be a lot different. I am expecting some jealousy and also a lot of wanting to help. Moses loves to do chores and tasks so I am planning on using that to my advantage. What I want him to take away from this experience is that love doesn't divide, it multiples!
what a great idea to expose him to hospital aspect. JD wasn't so sure once he got to the hospital but eventually opened up. And I know that Moses will do great once Sutton arrives. Praying for you these next few weeks.
ReplyDelete