(A completely unrelated belly/Moses picture after we'd both sacked out)
I love questions! It gives me something to blog about that might not totally bore the people who read it. It is also a huge distraction these last few days before Sutton arrives.
Q1. Did you consider a vbac?
I knew after Moses was born that if we had another baby I would have another c-section. The problems I had are likely repeat ones. Meaning I would go through labor and end up right back on the operating table. Also, the vbac statistics are scary. You literally have to sign your life away and have force your way down that road with your doctor. I do have one friend who has successfully gone through a vbac. She told me she had to be very insistent about what she wanted and her doctor tried to talk her out of it. I just don't feel as strongly as she did about it. I feel very comfortable about my decision!
Q2. Are you scared about the surgery?
Not yet. I'm getting a little nervous though. I had a fantastic appointment with the nurse practitioner/mid-wife last week which was a huge help. She and I sat and talked for about 30 minutes about what happened last time and what will be different this time. I have my pre-surgical appointment at the doctor's office tomorrow with the doctor that will be delivering Sutton. I really like this doctor and I feel very comfortable with him. I'd say my current biggest fear is going into labor early and getting one of the doctors I'm not so crazy about. Oh, and the fact that Friday and is April Fools Day and My dad is going to Houston for two days this week. Minor stressors!
Q3. When can we see belly, nursery, or other pictures??!!
Have no fear, that post is coming. My mom was here this weekend and let me tell you that woman can get more done in an hour than I can do in a week. Before we finished one task she's thinking of the next. She also has an uncanny ability to get my husband to do things that he just won't do for me! So the nursery is very close to being done and as soon as I have a day to put some make up on and something that looks some what cute I'll snap some pictures. (Mom also cut everyone's hair this morning too so that we will not look like vagrants when we are taking new family photos next week. I TOLD you she was busy!)
Q4. How are you feeling...really?
I'm not going to lie. AWFUL. This pregnancy is so completely different than Moses. For some reason even though I have gained less weight and I think this baby is much smaller, I am in pretty much constant pain. My muscles are just done with carrying this baby. The mid-wife also told me his head is very low which is to blame for the shooting pains I've been experiencing. At this point with Moses I was out walking in about a mile in the August heat. No way will that happen now!
I think that about covers it! Thanks for the great questions. Be prepared for more posts this week. I have a lot to catch up on from being slammed with volunteer work and meetings. I am so hoping I have time to blog after Sutton is born so I can capture those first sweet weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment