Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Post Pregnancy Wardrobe

The dreaded deflated belly will return next week! I've been swapping out some things to make room for the "I'm not pregnant but I'm still too big to fit into my other clothes" look I will be sporting. Here are some of my favorites.

This is the type of skirt I LOVE to wear post pregnancy and well all the time! After having Moses I bought a lot of similar ones from Old Navy. They have a lot of elastic waist band skirts that are very flattering. Shirts were easy to get back into, but my thighs and hips could not fit into pants that I already had and I am just NOT a shorts girl anymore.

I have also already bought two of these dresses from Target. Lucky for me Kimono dresses are in fashion this year. I have bought a pair of leggings as well to go with some tunic tops to make the transition from Spring to Summer.

I have great nursing bras from last time. That was one of my big splurges! I knew I wanted to try to nurse for a year and I wanted to be comfortable. I went to Nordstrom where they will have someone actually fit you. (Oprah doesn't lie on this one folks, it will change your world!) I bought an Elle McPherson bra similar to this and LOVED it. I would also recommend J. Alanes which has moved to Cary from North Hills. Ask for Justin Anne. She rocks!

I am also trying some new things this time around. I hear people swear by Spanx after pregnancy so I have bought one pair to give them a whirl. I think I might try to hit up TJ Maxx to see if they have the generic option if I like them. I have also purchased a new nursing tank top and I am in search of another one that I can use.

The one downer is that I will be hitting bathing suit season very soon after giving birth. BLEEECCCCHH. I'm thinking only a tent would hide this problem! (In case you are wondering, a c-section scar is completely hidden when you have on a two piece bathing suit.)

Anyone else have any suggestions? Any must haves that I am leaving out? I only have one more week to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment