Sunday, April 24, 2011

Two Weeks, Two Kids...Double the fun!

This sweet angel is two weeks old! Last week was kind of a roller coaster for us. As soon as we were on our own for the first time as a family of four, we find out Sutton has an ear infection. I knew he was a little congested, but I had no idea he was that sick. We were really lucky with Moses I guess. I don't remember him getting sick until he was over six months old and he's never had an ear infection.

Sutton never acted like he had the infection, even after it was diagnosed. Let me tell you, they take that very seriously in babies that young. We had checks for three days and a shot of antibiotic each day. He also had a blood culture and an RSV check. Everything checked out fine and he seems to be acting like a normal infant.

I actually saw the founder of the practice on the second day who I just adore. (We go to a phenomenal, but large practice so we see lots of people.) He looked at Sutton's stats and did a double take. At birth he was 8lbs 14oz. As with most babies he lost a little weight after the first week and went down to 8lbs 5oz. At two weeks old, he was back up to a whopping 9lbs 11oz! He told me I needed to give classes on how to put weight on an infant. Glad to know after 30 years, I have found something I can really excel in. In fact yesterday, he was up to 9lbs 15oz. At this rate, he'll be in toddler clothing by the end of the year.

Sutton has been such a good baby so far. He sleeps well, even at night. The only time he is fussy is usually around that 5pm witching hour. He is already trying to hold his head up on his own and look around. I'm noticing that his wake time is expanding, but he is still a sleeper.

Things are still great with Moses. If he has any jealousy, he takes it out on us, but never his brother. He is SO sweet with and it just melts my heart. So boys, if you are reading this twenty years from now, there WAS a time when you got along!

I'm doing great with healing as well. I finally got to drive yesterday and today. I really missed that! I had a million errands to run for Easter and a million more to do for stuff around the house. Not to mention some cleaning. I have learned the secret to losing baby weight...it's having two kids! I never can seem to find the time to eat or finish a meal. Life is crazy but so great!

1 comment:

  1. Sutton is beautiful...he looks like a little baby doll!!

    ReplyDelete