We came home from the hospital late Saturday afternoon. We were really surprised Saturday morning when they told us we could go if we wanted. I think the only reason we left was so Brett could sleep in a bed. My hospital stay was a a dream. I slept well and had the best nurses so I would have been glad to have been taken care of another night!

Things have been going really well since we arrived home. I'm healing really well and we've started to adjust to having a newborn again. I had forgotten how different they are. Moses is doing well with Sutton too. He always wants to know where he is and gets really excited when he opens his eyes (hardly ever happens!).

I'm learning a lot about my new little boy. He is quite the snuggler. He loves to be held and will find just the right spot to keep warm and safe. He also is "Mr. Regular." Ha! I always know it's time to feed him because he goes to the bathroom right before. He's doing really well and nursing which is a good thing because we had been going for a lot of bilirubin tests (for jaundice). One of the best ways to get rid of that is to gain weight.
In the looks department he really favors his brother. However, he has my nose! He has long skinny fingers and toes and a robust little chest. He does have a faint red mark below one of his eyes but we can't tell if that is from a scratch from the hospital or a little birth mark.
I am just so in love with this baby boy. This is absolutely the dangerous stage of babies, when they are like this you want to have a dozen!
He is handsome Stella. So glad your family is adjusting well.
ReplyDeleteStella, he is adorable & there is no denying that he is Moses' brother. You look great & best wishes!!
ReplyDeleteYou look wonderful and congratulations on Sutton! It's nice to hear that you are adjusting well. Sutton looks just like Moses. You are so blessed!
ReplyDelete