I always get asked why I blog. My usual answer is for my kids. It gives a frame of reference much larger than their baby books. It also keeps family and friends up to date. I can't begin to tell you how many people tell me they read this blog. People I wouldn't even begin to think had any sort of interest in our lives!Another great reason is I get to keep in touch with people from my past. I have reconnected with friends from elementary school to college and learned a lot from them. One of my favorite is Lindsey! Since Lindsey lives in Houston I never get to see her. I knew her from college and YAB. We never had the chance to have a true long conversation but now since we read each others blogs we have become so much closer!
The funny part is WE COULD NOT BE MORE DIFFERENT! We have a lot in common but our daily lives are total opposites. Not only are she and her husband childless and not sure about the whole parenting thing, but they are avid marathoners and travelers. By travel I mean living in Asia and Europe! They are cat people and we are dog people. And don't even get me started on the team she cheers for. Thank goodness she has her husband to redeem her! I wish her blog wasn't private so I could tell you to read it. It's awesome and so interesting!
Anyways, I was very excited that Lindsey was in town and made some time to meet Sutton and I for lunch. I had the best time! We got to really catch up and she had the chance to snuggle on Sutton. I feel very honored that she made the time for us during her busy weekend. We hope to see you soon LT! Hopefully at the new address!
No comments:
Post a Comment