Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stunt Double

I have a confession. I am closet celebrity blog junkie. I have a friend or two who work in the entertainment industry, but I am too chicken to ask them about the famous people they work with. I just keep up with them via facebook and feel cool to know them!

Last week I was doing my daily check of TMZ, and I came across this picture.
0726_kate_beckinsale_Splash
So, which one is Kate Beckinsale? The lady on your right. Her stunt double on the left? My cousin Alicia! My dad's cousin Ceclia and her girls have live in Hawaii and then California since before I was born. Alicia is the oldest and we used to be "pen pals" when we were little. They were avid gymnasts and dancers and now all work in the entertainment industry. Below are some more crazy cool things Alicia has worked on.

Oscars opening performance 2010

Alicia and NPH at the Oscars


Transformers 3
Wait, that's her again stunt doubling on Transformers 3


dance double for Nicole Kidman on Just Go With It
Dance double for Nicole Kidman on the set of Just Go With It.

There were lots more like Avatar, Zookeeper, and doubling for Charlize Theron and Milla Jonivich but I think you all get the picture. Alicia was recently rated one of the top ten stunt women in the biz. So, it appears that someone got the talent jeans on my side of the family. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment