Monday, January 23, 2012

Early Christmas Present

You may have noticed I have not posted anything about potty training lately.  Let's be honest, it was awful!  It seemed like it was never going to work.  If one more person told me, "No kid starts Kindergarten in diapers!" I was going to scream!  I knew they were right, but it did not help!

Well, about two weeks after Thanksgiving, I was getting ready to put Moses down for a nap.  He ran away and crawled underneath an end table.  I pulled him out and told him it was time to go pee pee before his nap.  He looked at me and said, "I need to go poop."  And that's exactly what he did!  We did a huge celebration dance and made a huge deal.  We had been doing the Elf on a Shelf with our elf Cookie.  Cookie was so excited he flew to the North Pole during nap time and brought Moses back a special gift.  That made Moses so very happy.

Can you believe, that was pretty much it?  We've had a few accidents here and there as to be expected but from then on, he has been FULLY potty trained.  No pull ups or anything at night.  It's AWESOME!  I am so proud of my big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment