These boys of ours are growing up fast. I know Moses turned four in August but I wanted it to sink in a little bit before I wrote it all down. Sutton is now half way to two! That gap is so huge to me and I am excited to mark where is now and where he will be in just six months.
Moses is in school five days a week now. I was unsure about keeping him in the same place this year because I just concerned he was not getting what he needed. I stuck it out and signed him up for the every day program. This, and more importantly, Miss Trisha has been the best blessing in our lives. Moses does SO much better when he has been to school and has had his "Miss Trisha" time. He is writing his name and talking to us about things like jealousy and relating them to the Bible. When I pick him up Miss Trisha gives him a big hug and tells him how much she loves him. She has fully embraced his love of Transformers and brings him in books to read about them. She is SUCH a blessing in his life and really understands what he needs to learn.
As per usual, Moses is Mr. Tall and Skinny and you can throw in strong too. He loves jumping and running around and seeing if he did something the fastest. He loves to makes things a contest so he can try to be the best.
The conversations we have are so great. You can start a subject with him and we can talk for a long time. Of course his favorite thing is Transformers. He knows all the names and if they are decipticons or autobots. He plays with them every single day with out fail. To me, I imagine it would be like a little girl with dolls. He sets up scenes for them to battle and I love to hear what he acts out.
Moses is thriving at being a brother. Of course he has trouble sharing (and so does brother) and I think that's pretty normal. But he does love to run and be silly with him . No one can make Sutton laugh like his brother and that makes it all the more special.
So, if the two's were terrible and the three's were trying then four is fabulous! I love being able to reason with him about things. Being able to explain something and have him comprehend it makes our life so much easier. He flips this on me all the time though. He'll tell me exactly what he wants and then looks at me and says, "Deal!" Then I have to make sure I really was paying attention to what he said so I don't get my self into any trouble!
He's also gotten very sneaky. During nap time I've caught him, sneaking upstairs to the playroom, slipping the ipad under the bed, and hiding an ice cream sandwich for later (PS Moses, they melt). He will also slip quietly into the room and jump out and say, "Boo!"
This tough little boy has also become more of a cuddler. He's much more eager to sit in my lap and talk or watch a show. I get more kisses and big hugs from this gangly little boy.
And our Sutton Bug! I just can tell you he is a stinker! He has the sweetest smiles and disposition and knows how to use it to his advantage. His flirting skill are far superior to many a single men. His curls, sweet smile an chubby cheeks probably help!
Sutton loves eating. If someone else any where near him is eating, then he would like some too. The amount of food he eats also takes strangers completely by surprise. At breakfast it's 2-3 Nutrigrain waffles and a piece of fruit for a snack soon after. Lunch is a PBJ or turkey and cheese with a cup of fruit and crackers. He always eats it all and if brother has any left from school he will eat that too!
Sutton is also a CRAZY climber. The boy has no fear. Just recently I have curbed the above habit of him climbing on the table to get to food. He's just ready to climb it all. His brother has taught him to play tag and he takes great delight in it. Sutton is also addicted to the ipad. His ability to use it is amazing and he wants it way more than we allow it. This is usually our main source of problem. Luckily, he gets over it fairly quickly and moves on to another toy.
For the most par, Sutton is a mama's boy. He loves to sit in my lap, give me a big hug and kiss, then snuggle up to watch a show. It is just precious. Sometimes when I pick him up from school, he just keeps hugging me over and over even though he's had a great day. (I am convinced his teach is just as smitten with him as I am.)
Sutton is not talking very much. He says: Ma, Da, Duck, Dog, Cup, Cat, Kick, Fish, Tag, Ga, Pa, boat, up, down and maybe a few more. Mainly small words that he takes great delight in and you have to know him to understand. He put two of this words together not too long ago very early in the morning when he said, "MA, UP. MA, UP. MA, UP." Until I complied. Even when he's not talking he gets his point across. You can tell him long complex instructions and he understands and listens. For example "please take those wipes on the table and put them in your room." And off he toddles!
These boys are both so full of personality and bring us such joy every day. They both are happy and healthy and are learning about the love of God daily which is more than we can ask for.





No comments:
Post a Comment