Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November

 Important things happened this month.  Moses is slowly but surely learning his letter and writing his name.  He takes it ver seriously...well when he is being serious.  His teacher this year is just perfect for him.  Moses has told me he would go live with her.  And he means business.  I guess I need to tighten up around here.
 This is the last year I am serving on the Young Alumnae Board at Meredith College.  After the Spring Semester I will (GASP!) age off.  I guess the big send off will be our ten year college reunion which I am looking forward to SO much.  Anyways, for the last time I was able to help with the Alumnae picnic after the parade.  I really love this event and seeing some of my favorite faces return.  I actually sat with President Allen and her sister, Kay when I ate and really enjoyed their stories.  If you are an alum and have not had the opportunity to meet Dr. Jo Allen please do.  She does not disappoint.
 I took Moses to vote with me on election day.  Last time we went I tried to explain voting to him by relating it to how we choose where we will go out to eat.  Then he insisted we needed "chicken cow" (chick -fil-a).  I used the same concept this time and he got it.  But then he wanted to know who the people were and how did their names get on the ballot.  I could not break down Poli 100 that low for him so we skipped it.
 We did take a quick trip to my parents one weekend because we all looked nearly homeless with our haircuts, eye brows, and gray roots.  Well one of us did.
 It was a beautiful weekend.  We borrowed the neighbors dog which thrilled Sutton to no end.  He put two words together for the first time : "Dog!!! BAAAAALLL!!"  That went on for quite sometime.
 However, we did return home with the stomach bug.  It was so strange and gross.  Sutton was so sporadic with his and he really had a hard time getting back to eating normally.  Moses braved his as well, but took the more traditional route.  Brett and I have remained unscathed so far.  Fingers.crossed.
And to summarize that thought, Sutton will leave you with his post nap stink eye face that he greets me with in the afternoons.  What can I say?  He's his mama's boy.  It takes us time to wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment