Oh this sweet smile. It's just enough to make you want to bring right back at him. To make sure that the pearly whites keep doing their job, we took Moses to the dentist for the very first time. Luckily, a pediatric dentist has opened up next door to our Pediatricians office. The staff at the doctors office gave positive feed back so off we went.
I had been talking to Moses about dentists, what they will and will not do. We read some books and even watched a few TV shows that spun going to the dentist is a positive light. Brett and I both have very positive experiences with our dentists. I also did not want to overdo it so it would constantly be on his mind.
Well. So. Do any of you see any cute photos getting his teeth cleaned? Wearing cute special sunglasses? Oh, heck NO. The second after they tried to do the back x rays he was done. I coaxed him into trying to sit in the dental chair. No way. I even did the thing I SWORE on all the childrearing books I would never do. I BRIBED him with a new toy. Still shaking in my arms. Sweating, I finally bent him over so that his head was in Dr. (Boo) Lee. (no, i'm no kidding about her name, it's her married name and her husband is in practice with her.) She was very good with him. Spoked with him about transformers while she counted his teeth. He began to calm down quite a bit, but still seemed like he would bolt at any minute. They polished and painted his teeth and that was it. WHEW.
Just praise the sweet baby Jesus that not a single other patient was there that morning. I wanted to just become a Stella/mommy puddle and have them mop me up later.
So good news? Moses teeth luck great! Bad news? We have regular check ups every six months, meaning, we have to go back in January. We have some work to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment