On a special note, I do have other posts to write but my phone is holding hostage many crucial photos. so hoping to change that and blog more soon
The last few years I had been running around like a crazy person with a theme and a pinterest agenda planning birthday parties. I mean, the Olympic 4th Birthday Extravaganza was my sign I needed to slow down and spend more time with children and family on that day. So that's exactly what we did! Moses requested pancakes from McDonalds for breakfast. Yes! Done, easy request!
After breakfast and some play time or as my dad calls it "run papa! run!!" it did not help matters when I returned with over a dozen inflated balloons. That started the "Bam" game. And the "cannon ball" game. We lost one early on and after that things got a little more gentle.
As soon as all the grandparents were here, we let him tear into his gifts that we hadn't given him yet and the ones from them as well. All transformers and ninja turtles for the most part. He also got two portable DVD players for our trip. He said he would share the other with Sutton. I thought it was a good choice.
Sutton spent most of his afternoon doing important work with Pops. They learned that they both have a yen for putting things together. Today it was puzzles. I really think this went on for an hour or more. It was so funny to watch. After Pops finished, Sutton would yell for anyone he saw trying to get them to help him. Luckily, big brother was there to save the day.
I had been a little concerned all week with how Sutton was going to react to all of the Moses promotion going on. If you asked me about the cake, he would respond loudly "BUZZ CAKE!" I would gently remind him that we were having a transformer cake. He would exclaim, "Two Cakes! BUZZZZ Cake!!"
At this point, Sutton would have eaten a cake with Barbies on it. He just wanted cake.
I love these photos. This was the most excited he was about anything all day He was so ready to blow out these candles!
And he got every single one out!
And of course he loved the cake.
And so did brother. Side note, If you are around us at dinner time, you know we sing "Thank you, Jesus" as our blessing and Moses is always the one who does it. When we started singing "Happy Birthday," Sutton thought we were blessing again and folded his little paws into his "prayer hands." It was hysterical!
The rest of the evening and time in between was simply family time. We REALLY got to enjoy Moses party and birthday as a family. He was a little concerned when I had to run out to the grocery store. He wanted everyone there for his day. This evening he also kept asking if his party was over. When I finally said yes. He said, well is my BIRTHDAY over? I scooped him and told me that even after he went to sleep it still would be, but when he woke up it would be over. Sigh. Remember those days!
Moses Jackson, I had to wait until after 9:05pm to let out a big deep breath and know that NOW the anniversary of the hour of your birth, you were truly 5 years old. That Sunday morning I woke up from a (my last!) deep sleep at 8:00am. I soon realized my water had broken and it was hospital go time! It was a long day, not gone as planned which finally ended with my epidural had worn off and I was not ready yet and they felt you were a big baby. So with no pain medication and in transition labor I agreed sadly to the c-section. You came out perfect and big 9lbs 3oz. You looked absolutely liked everything I had dreamed. It was late in the evening and I had been so very sick so there was not much time to be with you. When I finally woke the next day, your daddy had you brought to our room and you both were peering at me hoping I'd feel better. It worked! I held you and fed you and all my vitals began to improve. Since that day, you have that effect on me You can make me feel better in a heartbeat by beaming those brown eyes right at me.
Mo-man I am going to try something new for you. Since we had a rough start as a mother/son couple on your birthday. I think we should begin to treat August 18 as our anniversary. A special mommy/moses time to catch up on the things I might be missing from you. I think you'll like that night. Might have to twist your arm when you are older! But, I'll enjoy it while it lasts!
My first born, you are precious, curious, and smart. We love to you no end and we loved celebrating you !





Geez Stella, warn someone before you get all sentimental at the end of your post.... I wasn't prepared for tears!! You are such a good mommy to Moses & Sutton and I'm so touched at how hard you work to make each day & occasion so special!
ReplyDelete